Body aches, head aches. allergy?

Q: Hi there,
I am a competitive cyclist and have been racing without much rest for the past year.
Over the past 3 months I have been on, off sick and really need to get to the bottom of it!
It started with what I thought was foodpoisoning but then my doc thought it was a virus. Symptoms were very achy muscles, body, head and queasy stomach. bit of vomiting, diahrea. That only lasted a few days and then was back riding.
I never really came back to feeling 'good' on the bike though since then and following that have had chest colds and very recurrent swollen glands.
Over the weekend I raced in a 3 day stage race and spent a lot of time in the wet, cold on Saturday. Yesterday I started the last day feeling pretty achy and by the evening my muscles were pretty bad (especially neck,back,shoulders) and had headaches.
This morning it is worse and I took 2 Motrin last night to try and prevent the aching.

I have read a lot about allergies and how they can cause similar achy, fatigue symptoms...
A few of my team mate are gluten free and them along with my GP have recommended trying the diet out. I have been on it for 2 weeks but don't feel any different. Could the symptoms be linked to allergy or what could be the cause? All i know is am very keen to get to the bottom of it so I can be back racing at my strongest. I have just moved to the USA so am a bit lost with what to do and, or who to see. Any help would be much appreciated.