Bodybuilder with Thalassemia interested in using "Nandrolone"

Q: Hi i am into bodybuilding but i have Thalassemia, and was wondering what side effect i might expect related to my condition if i use steroids (nandralone), except for the usual steroid related side effects?

A:    First of all, you have to keep in mind that persons with Thalassemia may require repeated blood transfusions that may cause an iron overload; this may produce cardiac problems later on, like Heart failure, because the iron tends to build-up in the cardiac muscle, the intake of Anabolic Steroids, which are basically Testosterone may contribute to precipitate in your case Cardiac problems as mentioned before: Heart Failure. In the medical literature there are reported several cases of young adults with Thalassemia Beta Major that also have been taken Testosterone for different reasons and have develop cardiac problems, meaning Heart failure. The use of steroids suppresses the naturally occurring testosterone in the body and, in males, may lead to a decrease in testicle size (atrophy), decreased sperm production, nfertility, and baldness. As well, the excess steroid can be converted to estrogen in males and may lead to enlarged breasts (known as gynecomastia). Liver damage may often occur, and liver cancer is a risk. Psychiatric effects of steroids include excitation and depression. Aggression is common. Manic episodes of aggressive behavior are known as "roid rage," and violence may be the outcome. Depression and suicide may also occur. I particularly do not recommend or suggest anabolic steroids because they are a dangerous way to get fit “quickly”.