Patient : I've been getting a boil almost every month for the past 6 months. It always follows the same pattern:
1. I get a UTI,
2. Then I get my period (almost exactly the same day I finish my antibiotic for the UTI)
3. My period ends and then I literally get a boil the very next day.
Here are the places where the boils occurred
1. Stomach (right side parallel with belly button)
2. Over my right Hip bone
3. Base of my spine (no where near my butt crack)
4. Left buttock cheek (this has been by far the most painful)
I have hypothyroidism.
I am hygienic.
I am thin and athletic.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.