Bone & Muscle Pain Caused by Working Out

Q: I'm almost 35 years old, and honestly haven't worked out in over a decade. I had a back injury about 2 years ago, and is considered recovered. I have gone beyond being out of shape. Have put on a extra 60 lbs I thought that I would never see. My question is that I want to start working out, but honestly I hate the pain that comes with it. A few of my fears with starting working out again is bone & muscle pains. Which has always been the reason I stopped working out when I was younger. As a Doctor what you recommend to eliminate bone & muscle pain caused by working out?

Symptoms:  Extremely Painfully Sour Muscles within 24 hours of working out that can last upto a week. Bone pain that lasts between 24 - 72 hours following a workout. This pain has been the main reason for me not wanting to workout.