Bone like lump in my back?

Patient : There is a hard, bony like lump that it in the middle of my back, just below my last rib and 4 inches to the left of my spine. I don't have to same spot on the other side of my back.It's been there for a few months and causes me dull achy pain all the time. What could this be?? I've been through physical therapy and my therapist said it probably is not a muscle since it isn't helping and I can't stretch to relieve pain
Symptoms:  Dull, achy pain that sometimes spreads to my butt and leg,