Bone like lump in my back?

Patient : There is a hard, bony like lump that it in the middle of my back, just below my last rib and 4 inches to the left of my spine. I don't have to same spot on the other side of my back.It's been there for a few months and causes me dull achy pain all the time. What could this be?? I've been through physical therapy and my therapist said it probably is not a muscle since it isn't helping and I can't stretch to relieve pain
Symptoms:  Dull, achy pain that sometimes spreads to my butt and leg,
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: I have had a two level Spinal Fusion but the surgery has not worked or helped with my pain levels which have increase...

Q: Chronic lower back pain a right shoulder stuffiness

Q: I had an MRI for some back problems but it came back with this: "Small 1.3 cm lesion in the prepontine cistern, ...

Q: Recent MRI was given to me without results. I have to wait until later in the week to get them.

Q: 23 y.o. female had lower right back pain for about 1 year following a burning pain from bending over (I thought it wa...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon