Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Bone on bone no idication what is going on

Bone on bone no idication what is going on

Patient: I have a knee problem called Chondromalacia Of Patella and i had an MRI done they could not find out what is going on. i get spurts of pain in my leg and it hurts so much to where i can not sleep. why can they not find anything when i feel bone on bone?

Symptoms: Severe pain in left knee

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It may be that this initial MRI did not accurately capture the degeneration of cartilage in your patella and surrounding region. You may need to have a repeat MRI. If you have been diagnosed with chondromalacia of the patella, please follow up with your doctor for further evaluation to have your readjust your pain management so that these episodes are not severely painful.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com