Bone Pain In Tibia-Please Help!

Patient: I am a 25 year old female in perfect health. I exercise regularly and eat well. In April I was serving at a high volume restaurant and running about 3 miles per day. I began to experience leg pain on my right tibia. I suspected shin splints and then the pain continued and got worse. I had an x-ray in June that found nothing. I went to a Sport’s Medicine doctor in August who looked at my x-ray and gave me the ice and Advil speech.The pain went away in September and then came back in full force only after a trip out of state to a music festival where the leg was overused. Still in pain I went to another doctor who did a blood test, MRI, and chest x-ray. My chest x-ray was completely clear, my blood test was normal and there were no abnormalities in my ALP level or my red/white cell count. My MRI however, is showing what the doctor describes as a “zebra” or something strange and unusual. He said there is something in/on my bone, perhaps in my marrow, from halfway down my shin to right where the tibia stops at the knee surrounded by inflammation. I am going to an orthopedic specialist later in the month, but I was looking for some insight. Symptoms include: pain, some visible inflammation, sometimes warm, sometimes tender to the touch, and sometimes stiff which causes problems when doing the steps. Any help would be appreciated as this seems to be a mystery at this point.

Symptoms: Symptoms include: pain, some visible inflammation, sometimes warm, sometimes tender to the touch, and sometimes stiff which causes problems when doing the steps. Any help would be appreciated as this seems to be a mystery at this point.

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.The MRI finding that you have described seems to be really unusual.But bone marrow issues usually present withbleeding disorders and would have shown up in Blood tests.I feel with available details that you have Muscular sprain or ligament injury.I would advise you to do hot fomentation of the affected area and apply Diclofenac ointment locally.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.