Bone Stuck in Throat: Why Should It be Removed Promptly?

Patient : I had a pork chop last night and i swollowed a splinter of bone i felt it go down and it hurt my throat i've woke up this morning with a sore throat and i dont feel right ,,,will it just pass through me or should i go see a dr?
Doctor :   I strongly suggest you see a doctor (ENT perhaps) or go to ER so that bone can be removed. Chances are that area might g et swollen and its removal will be more difficult. You may try gargling and see if it helps but if it doesn’t, better have it removed by a doctor. Take care always.