x
62 Physicians Online

Question:

Bone Stuck in Throat: Why Should It be Removed Promptly?

I had a pork chop last night and i swollowed a splinter of bone i felt it go down and it hurt my throat i've woke up this morning with a sore throat and i dont feel right ,,,will it just pass through me or should i go see a dr?

Answer:

I strongly suggest you see a doctor (ENT perhaps) or go to ER so that bone can be removed. Chances are that area might get swollen and its removal will be more difficult. You may try gargling and see if it helps but if it doesn’t, better have it removed by a doctor. Take care always.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.