Borderline diabetic how to reverse this

Q: I have been told that I am bored line for diabetes ny number is 10 when it should be 48 what can I do to turn this around I am 61years 8months not over weight 9stones 7lbs 5'7" height,normally eat a reasonably good diet recently bad with sugary drinks missing meals eating precook meals for the last 3 weeks as on vacation ...aware 10 days ago when awoke up with a rough tongue and going to the bathroom more than usual but then things settled back to normal but visited my doctor for blood test what can I do to reverse this willing to do anything! My only other ailment is that I have Arithritis and a heart murmur, my thyroids was possibly under active

Symptoms:  10 days ago when awoke up with a rough tongue and going to the bathroom more than usual