x
85 Physicians Online

Question:

Borderline Personality Disorder medication and weigh loss effects

I have recently been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. They want to put me on a combination of medication that they have used in the past to treat depression. I am underweight and it has showed especially in my face. I am concerned that I will lose more weight. I am too thin as is.

Answer:

Most of the antidepressants cause weight gain and not weight loss, so your concern that these medications causing further weight loss is unwarranted. I hope this helps, take care.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.