Both my elbows hurt so bad they feel frozen and

Patient

Q: Both my elbows hurt so bad they feel frozen and whenever I put my arms down they hurt really bad.I was thinking maybe it was because i was weight lifting today, but its not the first time I weight lift.

Symptoms:  Elbows hurt, cramping
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I think that you have pushed your body too hard this one time. This has cause you to develop DOMS. DOMS stands for delayed onset of muscle soreness. This is a condition where the damage to the muscles has caused edema and this edema is causing pain and reduction in the movement of muscles.

You can get over this by local heating and massage of the affected muscles. Also, try taking tablet Brufen to help with the pain. DOMS usually takes 3 to 5 days to recover completely.

Hope this helps you. All the best.