Botox as a Cosmetic Surgery alternative

Q: Would it be possible to tighten skin with botox as non-surgical option? What are side effects of botox?

A:   Botulinium toxin has several medical applications including cosmetic use. One brand of botox is called Botox Cosmetic which is used to facial lines and wrinkles. It is approved by the US Food and drug administration for the treatment of forehead lines and wrinkles. It is not intended for cosmetic use in other areas. Possible side effects of botox when used in the approved manner include headaches, allergic reactions, swelling and bruising in the area applied, eyelid drooping (ptosis), and spread to other areas resulting in paralysis of the muscles of the  affected areas. It is best to have such products applied by trained medical professionals.