Bowel movement

Patient : Healthy young 2.5 year old boy who eats enough fruit and allot of water not much vegetables but i have notice in the last three weeks his poo's have been very soft more like diarrhea up in till this time he use to have healthy bowel movement every morning very firm now he goes sometimes 2 times a day and is very liquidey. any help would be appreciated thanks jess
Doctor :   Let me reassure you that this could be totally normal; you mentioned that he is drinking lots of fluid and certainly he could be eliminating the excess in his stools. However if the soft stools persist or you notice other signs and symptoms such as sunken eyes, irritability, dry lips and fever you should take him to the pediatrician for a more detailed evaluation.