Bowel problems in pregnancy

Patient: I’m 6 months pregnant and I have white lumps in my stool. There’s no other discolouration in the rest of my stool and i don’t have any pain, constipation, loose stools, stringy mucus or blood. My diet hasn’t really changed either I eat a pretty balanced diet and drink plenty. I was wondering what might cause it?

Symptoms: White lumps in my stool

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for contacting ATD.If you are experiencing white lumps in your stools and you are 6 months pregnant already, then it is likely that you have contracted amoebiasis. These white lumps are mucous in stools and can cause weakness, decreased appetite, boating and even dyspepsia. It is important that you should get a stool culture done to isolate the cysts and then start with anthelmintics like albendazole. These are safe in the second trimester and don’t have an affect intestinal motility.I hope I have answered your query in detail.Wishing you good health.Regards