Boxer's Fracture or Bone Bruise?

Patient

Q: Hi Doctor,

To avoid irrelevant details, I recently punched a wall due to extreme frustration. It happened 2 weeks ago. Initially there was swelling and bruising (3-4 days), which has seen eased. There is still very minor swelling present (anterior and posterior) and point tenderness on the anterior side of my hand close to the wrist. I have full motility but occasional twisting movement yield a sharp pain that shoots up my arm. The annoying part is the dull constant ache that will not go away. I've been icing and taking Ibuprofen but the symptoms are still present. Is it possible I have an undisplaced fracture? Should I have X-rays taken?
I appreciate your time and help. Thank you.
Callie

Symptoms:  Constant achy hand pain, minor swelling, very limited loss in range of motion
Doctor