Boyfriend has herpes, how high are the chances of me getting it?

Patient : My boyfriend just told me he has herpes, we havent slept together yet but if we do, how high are the chances of me getting it?
Doctor :   There are two types of Herpes Virus : Herpesvirus type 1 (HSV-1), which is transmitted primarily by contact with infecte d saliva and Herpesvirus type 2 (HSV-2) which is usually sexually transmitted. So if your boyfriend had HSV 1 then there may be a risk of you getting the infection. It is unlikely that you would get HSV 2 infection though.