Boyfriend has Urethritis

Patient

Q: My boyfriend was having discharge and the doctor said it was urethritis. We have frequent unprotected sex. How can this affect me and what should I do?

Doctor

A:   Uretheritis in your boyfriend could be caused by sexual infections. It is possible that you may have contacted an infection if he has tested positive. I would suggest that you get yourself tested if you develop signs of an infection. During this time, I would advise you to use condoms during sexual intercourse to prevent transmission of the infection.