Boyfriends urethra has been swollen

Patient : Boyfriends urethra has been swollen and red, has been ejecting white /yellow fluid.
Symptoms:  Itching, burning
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. It seems like your boyfriend is suffering from urethritis. If he had any recent exposure to STDs, he could have acquired gonorrhoea. You need to get him tested for the same. The treatment regimen includes Tab. Azithromycin 1000 mg STAT, followed by Doxycycline 100 mg bid for 7-10 days. Kindly consult your physician before starting any treatment. Hope this was helpful, Regards