BP is 160/120

Patient: Hi i am 39yers my bp contenue 3moths 160/120 and puls 109 ple tel me any peroblem and woh may time countnue pb and denger me

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.Your BP readings are high, you would require to see your doctor , who would investigate you and start you on anti-hypertensive medications.I would advise you following investigations:1. Kidney Function tests2. Thyroid profile3. Fasting Blood sugar4. Fasting Lipid Profile5. ECG.I would advise you to get these investigations done. Based on the reports your doctor will start you on medications that would get your BP under control.Commonly used antihypertensives are Amlodipine, Metoprolol, Telmisartan, Diuretics.At your age, BP should not exceed more than 130/80 mmHg.You should avoid pickle, alcohol. Take low salt, and oil-free diet.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.