BP is 160/120

Patient : Hi i am 39yers my bp contenue 3moths 160/120 and puls 109 ple tel me any peroblem and woh may time countnue pb and denger me
Doctor :   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you. Your BP readings are high, you would require to see your doctor , who would investigate you and start you on anti-hypertensive medications. I would advise you following investigations: 1. Kidney Function tests 2. Thyroid profile 3. Fasting Blood sugar 4. Fasting Lipid Profile 5. ECG. I would advise you to get these investigations done. Based on the reports your doctor will start you on medications that would get your BP under control. Commonly used antihypertensives are Amlodipine, Metoprolol, Telmisartan, Diuretics. At your age, BP should not exceed more than 130/80 mmHg. You should avoid pickle, alcohol. Take low salt, and oil-free diet. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy.

Related Q&A

Q: Can taking high blood pressure medications, when you don't have high blood pressure, cause high blood pressure? I kn...

Q: I just got my test results from a blood test i did and my egfr is 75, my creatinine is 91, urea, protein and everythi...

Q: I am a 69 year old woman and have suffered from a lack of iron all my life. I do not take regular medicine but every...

Q: I have an issue when I rub and massage my elbow I get a tingling sensation in my pinky and ring finger

Q: What is the connection - haertburn and blood pressure and total filling of discomfort in the chest area and stomac a...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon