Braxton-Hicks contractions for 18 hours?

Patient

Q: I am 16 weeks pregnant and having (what I assume to be) Braxton-Hicks contractions. There is no vaginal discharge, but the cramping is very painful and has been happening at least once per hour for the last 18 hours (and four times this last half hour). The cramping is irregular, unpredictable, and doesn't last more than 10 seconds per round. Should I be concerned about this?

Symptoms:  Abdominal Cramping during pregnancy that seems to be going on longer than expected.
Doctor

Any form of pain in second trimester which is unbearable should be reported to the physician as braxton hick contractions are not commonly perceived until 3rd trimester. Its too early for the same. It is advised that you may visit your physician soon for an ultrasound to rule out any intrauterine bleed / hemorrhage /or concealed abruptio which may jeopardize the fetus. A complete thorough abdominal examination would be required to ascertain the cause of pain as well. Please visit your physician.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,
regards