Breakthrough Bleeding

Patient

Q: I starting taking BC for the first time ever. With 3 active pills remaining, I started spotting. The next day, it became MUCH heavier with cramps (it felt like a normal period and I had to changed panty liners several times). I know that this is normal breakthrough bleeding for the first month.

My question is:
I bled for 8 days, 3 of which were during my placebo week. (I stopped bleeding altogether the Wednesday of placebo week). So, does this count as a "missed period" because I stopped half-way through the placebo week? Was the bleeding just continuing from the breakthrough bleeding? Or, can those 3 days of bleeding be considered the withdrawal bleeding (even though it was continuous for 8 days)?

Doctor