Breakthrough bleeding after switching to a new contraceptive pill

Patient : I recently switched birth control pills. after one month on the new pill I asked my doctor to put me back on the previous pill because I did not like the side effects. I am on day 13 of this months pack of my old brand (loestrin 24) and i have had breakthrough bleeding for a week now. Mostly heavy like a normal period with many clots ( which is pretty normal for my normal period, but not break through bleeding). is this normal?
Doctor :   Oral contraceptive pills might cause breakthrough bleeding as a side effect. This is usually seen during the first few m onths of contraceptive use or if a new pill is started. This side effect might continue for one or two cycles and then disappear on its own. If the bleeding increases in volume or pain are noticed, then I would suggest you to consult your gynecologist for a more detailed evaluation and rule out causes such as fibroids and endometriosis. I wish you the best.