Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Breast Lift Surgery

Breast Lift Surgery

Patient: I am 64 yrs. old and I would like to have a breast lift procedure done. I am diabetic with high blood pressure. Both conditions are managed with medication. Is the possible?

Doctor: Your eligibilty for surgery will depend on your overall physical health. If your Hypertension (High Blood Pressure) and Diabetes are adequately controlled with medications and there are no other conditions which preclude from surgery then you should be able to have your desired procedure successfully. You should speak with a plastic surgeon about the breast lift procedure. You will be referred to an anesthesiologist who will examine you and order the appropriate tests to determine if it is safe for you to undergo the procedure.