Breast surgery and prolactin

Patient

Q: Hello,I 'll be very appreciated if you can help me. I had a high prolactin level,but doctor advised Dostinex and for last two years test results are normal and I had no symptoms of that disease except face acne.But problem is that I want to have a breast reduction surgery ,but I am afraid that this surgery can affect prolactin level in blood and it will increase again .Is it possible ?
Waiting for your reply
Thank you in advance ))

Symptoms:  Face acne only
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question.

I am glad to hear that your increased prolactin levels have been controlled with Dostinex. It would be important for you to discuss with your endocrinologist (or the physician who prescribed the Dostinex) about the potential effects of surgery on your hormone levels. Prolactin is a hormone produced in the pituitary gland in the brain and it is involved in the production of milk in the mammary glands, known as lactation. A breast reduction should not have a significant effect on the prolactin levels as it is produced elsewhere. That being said, it would be reasonable to discuss this with both your doctor and a board certified plastic surgeon.