Breasts getting bigger

Q: I have been spotting durings my periods since september and i have not been receiving my normal flow monthly. my breasts are growing big and im always feeling dizzy and nauseous. my breasts are also producing milk i have tried testing using home pregnancy tests but the results are always negative . may you kindly explain to me what could be wrong

Symptoms:  Coughing, mild headaches

A:   Hello.

If your breasts are producing discharge in absence of pregnancy which is again confirmed with negative pregnancy test, then you may be suffering from hyperprolactinemia or high prolactin levels which can cause irregularity in menses and even amenorrhoea. It is important that a CT SCAN may be done to look for micro or macro prolactinomas in the pituitary, which if found may have to be removed surgically. If the scan is normal then you may be treated with dopamine agonists like Bromocriptine or cabergoline for 3-6 weeks to bring the prolactin levels under control. Following which the menses shall regularise on their own.
These medicines may be prescribed by the physician. You may visit your GP or specialist for a detailed examination and further treatment.

I hope I have addressed your concerns.