Breat reconstruction

Patient

Q: I have one breast larger than the other. I don't really want breast implants, but is there another way. Like tissue from somewhere else to make my other breast the same size as the other one

Doctor

A:   What you have described is not an uncommon problem. There are several surgical procedures which can adress this issue.

Reduction Mammopasty (reducing the size of the larger breast to equal the other breast)
Breast Augmentation of the smaller breast
Reduction of one breast with augmentation of the other.

There are three options for breast augmentation, silicone implants, saline implants and fat transfer. Silicone and saline implants have been studied extensively. Fat transfer is still being investigated for its effectiveness and safety and is not being widely performed at present. It is best to discuss one of the other available procedures with your plastic surgeon.