Breathing difficulty

Q: Respected sir,
im 18 years old male
i am suffring from breathing problem from past 6months,i was very strong and had a good stamina and worked-out well. but from past six months i feel like i lost my stamina..
these days i am feeling deficulty even to climb a staircase of a 2stored building.wher i run for more than 1min non stop i have to take lots of inhels and exhalees rapidlly and fell like my lungs are burning
i have the habit of ciggerate smoking from 1.5years an average of 5 to 6 per day
will the problem solve if i quit smoking or shuld i take any treatment ??
please give me a nice advice
thanks in advance