Ask The Doctor > Pending > Breathing problem through the nose

Breathing problem through the nose

Patient: I have problem breathing through my nose especially during the night, it is completely blocked. It doesn’t feel like there’s a fluid build up as in congestion. I do not have any symptoms of allergy like watery eyes, fever, skin reaction etc. My nose feels like its been held by someone and i can’t breath at all. It helps very slightly if I push away my cheek. Also the important thing is that it gets completely unblocked after use of nasal decongestion spray, it opens up so much that it is sometimes uncomfortable to breath due to more air, especially cold air. I had septorhinoplasty about a year ago before the surgery this problem was minor now it has made my nose functionless. I contacted he said if it opens up with nasal spray then its not my fault.

Symptoms: Breathing issues through the nose.

Doctor: