Breathless in Oklahoma

Patient : I have been a runner for 18 years. Within the past year I have found it increasingly difficult to breath while running. Now am able to only run a short distance before stopping. Am 66 years old and have had a pacemaker (brachycardia) for 9 years.
Symptoms:  Difficult to catch me breath when exercising, nighttime headaches which wake me almost every night, frequent (sometimes urgent) urination.
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. Read and understood your history. . To recapitulate: 66 years - pacemaker (brachycardia) for 9 years - runner for 18 years - increasing difficulty to breath while running - can run only short distances - Also have night time headaches which wake you up almost every night - frequent and sometimes urgent urination. As per the history, you have provided this looks to be either the cardiac problem or the respiratory problem. I would advise in such a situation the following: You need a thorough clinical evaluation, examination and related tests. Clinical evaluation by a Cardiologist and Pulmonologist. Tests of Cardiac workup, pulmonary function tests. Tests of blood and urine. Ultrasonography of the whole abdomen particularly for the urinary system. All these lead to a perfect diagnosis to find the cause of your problems and hence can be well treated. I hope this answer helps you to get a proper and early diagnosis and proper treatment.