Breech presentation

Patient

Q: Iam pregnant in 34wks i done sonar 10days ago baby was normal cephalic presentation but yesterday i done sonar baby became breech so what causes of that change and can baby rotates again and when baby stop rotation

Doctor

A:   There is no specific cause for Breech Babies, most of the time it is just an unusual event but it is also related to subsequent pregnancies, multiple pregnancies, it also occurs when the uterus has too much or too little amniotic fluid and in an abnormal shaped uterus or a uterus with abnormal growths, such as fibroids. It is recommended to give the baby a chance to accommodate until week 37, and then your physician could try external maneuvers to bring the baby back to cephalic position, if this is not successful a possibility of delivering by cesarean section could be granted. I hope I cleared your doubt.