Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Bright red and watery period. Could I be pregnant?

Bright red and watery period. Could I be pregnant?

Patient: I had sex Feburuary the 16 th. My boyfriend came twice the first time in the condom then he switched condoms in the second time the condom broke and he came inside of me. I got my period 2 days early on march the 8th which I thought was implantation bleeding because it was more brown than red. Then this month my period was 10 days late. I took a pregnancy test day 5 off my missed period and it came out negative. My period just came on today but is bright red and watery. Could I still be pregnant or is this a regular period?

Doctor: Thank for your query.It is better for you to get a blood test done for βhCG to know whether you are pregnant or n ot. If the results negative then this may be your regular period.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.