Broken capillaries on abdomen

Patient: I have broken capillaries all over my abdomen they seem to follow a distince pattern contouring my ab muscles what could be the cause of this?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It it is possible that these broken capillaries could be caused by strenuous abdominal exer cises or may be due to an underlying problem with hypertension. We do not have enough details on your previous medical history to confirm this however, during times of elevated blood pressure, tiny capillary vessels beneath the surface of the skin can rupture. This can commonly be observed in the nose, cheeks and neck. However , it is possible that it can occur elsewhere. We would like you to have your blood pressure monitored by your doctor just to be certain there are no issues with elevated blood pressure. If this is ruled out, then it is likely that this will resolve without any complication.Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com