Broken Collarbone

Patient : When I was younger I fell out of a tree and fractured my left collarbone. My mother would not take me to the hospital to get it checked out. Now I'm older and it has grown back wrong and is all knotted up. Is there any way to get this fixed and if so what would have to be done?
Doctor :     Fractures of the collar bone (clavicle) are most often treated simply with a arm sling and allowed to heal. If your in njury has not healed appropriately and there is a significant deformity you will require surgery to correct it. An orthopedic surgeon will, under general anesthesia, re-fracture the clavicle and may use metallic plates and screws to keep the two portions in place while it heals. The recovery process may take between 6 -12 weeks.