Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Broken condom and plan b

Broken condom and plan b

Patient: My girlfriend and I were having sex and the condom broke and I ejaculated inside of her. She took plan b an hour after and she is not on birth control. I was wondering if there is anything else I can do and what you would recommend?

Symptoms: Pregnancy

Doctor: Hello,thanks for contacting askthedoctor.comIt was wise on your part to take an emergency contraceptive pill to a void any unwanted conception. This is enough and now you have to wait for her menstrual bleed to occur which normally occurs within 7 days which would confirm that she has not conceived.If the bleeding doesn’t occur, then you may do a urine pregnancy test to check for pregnancy.I hope i have answered your query .regards