Broken hand, no cast?

Patient: My 13-year-old son broke a bone in his hand a few days ago. Had it x-rayed and it is broken. The orthopedic made a few jokes with my son and I and put a piece of Velcro tape on two of his fingers. He said it would be 4-6 weeks to heal. What is healing. He did not cast or really splint it. Will this really heal? Was not very confident in his decision when I left. Please respond.

Symptoms: Broken Hand

Doctor: Thank you for you question. Depending on the severity of the fracture in your son’s hand, will determine whether or not he requires a cast, splint or simple to have it stabilized with tape while it heals. Minor ‘hairline’ fractures not involving the entire bone do not usually require a cast. The fracture of your son’s hand is probably not severe enough to require a cast or splint. Please follow the instructions given to you by the doctor to facilitate the healing of your son’s fracture.Thank you for consulting

Was this answer helpful?

View all posts