Broken nose complications

Patient: I got punched on the side of the nose, 5 days ago and it bled for about twenty minutes and now have a bad headcold .the swelling has gone down no bruising to face or eyes, my question are the related cud my nose be broken

Symptoms: Sneezing runy and blocked nose, coughing, mild headache, chills, tiredness

Doctor: Thank you for writing to Ask The Doctor.You can have the symptoms that you are having with or without a fracture of the nose. In a fracture there will be severe pain. If you are not getting severe pain, then you may have sinusitis. This is an infection of the sinus passages.The sinusitis will present with a blocked nose and headaches in the sinus areas.You can try the following for 2 days to see if it helps you.- Drink lots of water- Inhale steam to clear the nasal passages- Take tablet Cetirizine once a day to reduce nasal secretionIf these things do not help, then please see a Doctor to confirm if you have a nasal fracture.Hope this helps you. All the best.

Was this answer helpful?

View all posts