Bromocriptin

Patient

Q: Hi, i have a high level of prolactin and can't get pregnant because of it, now my doctor prescribed me Bromocriptin 2.5 mg and i have a huge problem:constipation, though i didn't have such a problem ever in my life(balanced food, exercises etc). Is there any other drug with the same functions but it won't give this side effect or how i can solve this? Thanks a lot!!!

Doctor

A:   Surely there are other medications similar to Bromocriptine that will act in the same way and possibly without causing constipation as a side effect, however Bromocriptine is the preferred drug when treating women who want to restore their fertility because its safety in pregnancy is well established. I would suggest you to consult your physician to evaluate your particular condition and the possibility of using an alternative medication.