Bronchitis and Brest Augmentation

Q: I was told two weeks ago that I had strep and an ear infection, so I was given Augmentin. I was told last week that I have bronchitis. It took forever to get in to see the doc, so by the time they saw me, my symptoms significantly improved. I no longer have the tight chest, uncontrollable cough, or coughing up of a lot of nasty phlegm. I don't have the cough, but I do occasionally cough up some pale yellow, whitish phlegm. I am scehduled for breast augmentation in two weeks. Is this a problem? It's two weeks away, and I know I'll be good, since it only took about 4 days to going from coughing uncontrollably to feeling like it's almost gone. Right now I only cough up something maybe twice a day and it's very little, and like I said it's a pale yellowish, whitish color.

A:   It is quite likely that you will be able to go ahead with surgery as planned as your infection will have completely resolved by that time. In any event you will be examined on the day of the surgery to make sure that all is well before proceeding.