Brown discharge after Contraceptive Implant

Q: Hi iv had the contraseptive implant for a long while now and after a while off having it iv been getting brown discharge from the vagina n feel like im on a 24,7 period is this normal?

A:   The brown discharge that you're experiencing could be due to ovarian problems, hormonal imbalance, stress, anxiety, crashed dieting, use of birth control pills or IUD’s, change in environment, excessive exercise etc. Heavy bleeding can be due to can be due to hormonal imbalance, fibroids and polyps (non cancerous growth) in the uterus, endometriosis (deposits of the inner lining of the uterus in the pelvic cavity) etc. You might have to go for a complete hormone profile and ultrasonography to know the cause of this .It might also help to get the implant removed. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps.