November 18, 2018

Brown discharge in early pregnancy

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Brown discharge in early pregnancy

Patient: Hi, I am 9 weeks and 5 days pregnant and experiencing some brown discharge when I wipe. What could this be?

Symptoms: Brown discharge when wiping.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.The possible causes of spotting in your case are increased blood supply to local genital structures, growing gestational sac damaging the surrounding vessels, bleeding on expected date of periods as small gestational sac cannot completely obliterate uterine cavity, impending miscarriage etc.Usually minimal spotting with these type of cause will subside soon.If spotting persists and pain abdomen occurs better to consult your doctor once and get examined.By examination and ultrasound the possible cause of the problem can be identified and treated.Take care

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No