Brown discharge instead of period, could i be pregnant?

Patient

Q: Light period, no blood, but brown discharge?

Symptoms:  My period was about four days late, and when it started it was only brown discharge, rather than blood, after about three days of no actual blood, brown discharge, which was barely spotting and being relatively light, i'm starting to think something may be wrong.

i am sexually active, i use no form of birth control, i use condoms, but one time a week or two ago, my boyfriend put it in momentarily without protection, if that contributes to any sort of answer i could get
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
Pregnancy could be one of the reasons for having no period or light brown discharge or spotting. This is if you are sexually active and using no protection. If it is already 7 to 10 days past your expected date of menstrual cycle opt for a home pregnancy test to know if you are pregnant or not. You can also opt for hormonal analysis for Estradiol and Progesterone and βhCG if the pregnancy test is positive. If there is any hormonal deficiency they can be supplemented to support the pregnancy. There can be other reasons for delayed period accompanied with spotting or brown discharge like premenstrual cycle symptoms, hormonal imbalance etc, which need to be investigated.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.