Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Brown Pills in birth control packet

Brown Pills in birth control packet

Patient: I take birth control and the last 5 days or so are brown pills opposed to white ones which i take usually. This is my first month finishing my packet so i was wondering what happens if i dont take those brown pills and if i dont what should i do about taking the white ones instead. And why are they brown?

Symptoms: No symptoms

Doctor: Hello,The last 7 pill sin the pack are generally placebo pills to initiate periods in a 28 day pack. This pack if it has brown pills, then its likely that you have purchased a different brand and you must check the instruction leaflet provided to know when to take them depending on if its a continuous progesterone pill only or a combined estrogen-progesterone pill.I hope I have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health,regards