Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Brown/rust coloured sperm, not experiencing pain

Brown/rust coloured sperm, not experiencing pain

Patient: Hello Doctor,I’ve got a thing happening and it concerns me.It goes about having brown/rust coloured sperm…I last had sex with my girlfriend last sunday i believe, i didn’t reach my climax and i had a little bit of pain in my testicles afterwards for about 3-4 hours (blue balls phenomenon, that doesn’t concern me) We had sex for approx. 45 minutes.This morning (friday) we had sex again and when i reached my climax i ejaculated brownish sperm, is that because of some little blood vessels in my testicles which popped and caused my sperm to contain old blood?I don’t know if my sperm has the normal colour now, but still – what are your thoughts? I’m not experiencing pain or anything by the way.Thanks in advance,

Doctor: Bloody tinge in the ejaculate is not normal. You may be having some infection. Make sure you did not hurt yourself in th e recent past. Please visit a doctor and get yourself tested.