Brown Semen - Does It Indicate Something Serious?

Patient : I have slight sharp pains in my left testicle, and now i have brownyellow semen ...am i in serious trouble or what can this be
Doctor :   A brown colored semen could be the result of blood in the semen (hematospermia). This is often seen with prostatitis dur ing which the prostate gland becomes inflammed and is predisposed to  small microvascular bleeds. There are certain factor like frequent ejaculation, withdrawal at the time of ejaculation, excessive alcohol and prolonged sitting and bike riding that may cause irritation and inflammation of the prostate gland. The prostate gland may also be secondarily infected and may require antibiotic therapy. Hematospermia may sometimes be seen in prostate cancer but it is exceedingly rare before the age of 40 years.