Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Building engineer

Building engineer

Patient: To whom it may concernHow can I get rid of excessive sweating.I attend to sweat through out my entire body even if I’m just standing doing nothing.Hope to hear from back soon if could help for what kind of medicine or remedy will be very grateful thank you .miguel

Symptoms: To much sweat

Doctor: Thank you for your question. If you are experiencing hyperhidrosis it is possible that tests need to be performed to elu cidate any possible endocrinological causes of this condition. Increased thyroid hormone can cause excessive sweating. If this is not the case you will have to see your doctor to discuss the options available to you for the treatment of hyperhidrosis. Common treatments for hyperhidrosis include prescription strength antiperspirants, botox injections in the areas you sweat the most, and surgical procedures called a sympathectomy which can be used to treat severe underarm sweating. Please speak to your doctor about what will be the best treatment for you.Thank you for choosing Askthedoctor.com