Bullseye Bug Bit - Not a tick

Q: Hello,

Recently I was bit by something in my home while I was sleeping (I checked and do not have bed bugs) and the bite grew to about the size of my entire forearm. I went to my dermatologist who just prescribed Prednisone for the inflammation and a topical cream to stop the itching. Eventually, the bite reduced in size, and it appeared to look like a bullseye, but I don't recall ever getting bitten by a tick. The bite eventually went away.

Now, last night, I was bit again. This time the bit seems to be smaller, but it definitely looks like a bullseye. But there are no insects in my house that I've seen - and definitely no ticks. I have not been outdoors in a long time.

Question: Are there any other insects than can make bullseye bug bites? And second, is it possible that I can have a tick hiding in my apartment somewhere until it needs to feed?

Thank You.

Oh, and the fingers on the arm that have the bite are tingling. The bite itself is extremely itchy, and red. Thanks!