Bump appeared on penis

Patient : Hi i have noticed a flesh colored bump appear on my penile shaft yesterday. I have not had unprotected sex in over 2 months and i have no idea what it is.
Symptoms:  No pain or discomfort
Doctor :   Thanks for your question. I can understand, your concern for the development of bumps over the shaft of your organ. But I want to assure you that most of the bumps around penis are harmless. There could be several reasons for the development of papules or bumps on penis. It may be either due to non-infectious causes like pearly penile papules and Fordyce spots or may be due to sexually transmitted disease like genital warts or molluscum contagiosum. Having said that it will be wise to visit one 'dermatologist to confirm the case and get adequately treated. Hope this helps.