Bump filled with blood

Patient

Q: Yesterday I noticed this bump on my inner thigh closer where I shave and this bump is about the size of a marble, when I touch it it is kind of hard however I tried squeezing it to relieve the hardness of it and blood came out on the first try but after I tried squeezing it out again, nothing came out and it's still the same size and everything.

Symptoms:  None
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. The cause of this bump may likely be due to an ingrown hair or a sebaceous cyst. These are very common skin conditions that can go away on their own, but sometimes require removal by a doctor. We recommend that you monitor the area to see if it will reduce in size and go away on its own. Please try not to squeeze it, as it can bleed and become infected. If it increases in size, and/or becomes painful please have it evaluated by your doctor.

Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com