Bump on inside of left knee

Patient : I had an arthroscopic meniscus repair done on my left knee about a year ago. There is a bump the size of a half dollar about an inch away from the incision site on the inside of my knee. It feels hard, like a bone, but I don't have the same bump on my right knee. There is also a small bruise an inch above the bump, and a slightly larger bruise a couple inches down from that one, near where my hamstring and calf muscle meet on the inside of my knee. The bump isn't sensitive to the touch, just the bruises. When I touch the larger bruise, I can almost feel something slightly hard and "bump-like" underneath the skin. Any suggestions as to what it could be?
Symptoms:  bruising
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. It is possible that this bump at the incision site could possibly be scar tissue from your surgery. Since it has been a year since your surgery, we recommend that you have this bump examined by your doctor to make sure that there are no changes to the surgical repair of your meniscus. Since there is a very low blood supply to the knee joint, it takes a long time to heal and the scar tissue will likely persist for a long time, and may not go away. Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com