Bump on knee...help!!

Patient : So I have bad knees to begin with, however tonight I was climbing off my bunk bed and I slipped and hit the lower part of my knee cap on one of the latter steps causing me to immediately have awful pain. I tried walking it off and then noticed a lump that actually feels like a bone appear. I have a cut and it's already starting to bruise as well as swell up. I've been heating and icing but it keeps looking worse and hurts to touch or walk without limping. Is this normal due to the fall? Should I go see a doctor tomorrow? I need some answers, I'm a college freshman away from home with no roommate or doctor on campus!! Help!
Symptoms:  Hard, bone like bump on lower knee cap. Swelling immediately. Bruising immediately. Pain with touch or walking without limping.